So my better half; (he really is) my best mate, my soul mate and my partner and traveller I crime is as some of you know in the Royal Navy.
Today he starts a course down south as he's been promoted to a higher rank. What this means for us as a couple is that he will be home EVERY WEEKEND for the next 14-18 months - yes that's right, NO MORE DEPLOYMENTS for absolutely ages. To celebrate this fact, and the fact that I'm so immensely proud of him, I thought I'd share a poem that I wrote when he was going on his first deployment a couple of years ago - an experience that was hell, heaven and a huge learning curve for us as a military family.I'm sure there will be many more posts in the future about this subject that won't be as pleasant so for now - enjoy! Let me know what you think, honestly!
To My Best Friend
When there's a storm in your mind
I'll shelter you,
and if you want to create on, I'll be along
for the ride.
If my heart is breaking, I will wait for you;
When I've forgotten what you smell like,
I will wait for you.
If we're living different hours and paths, I'll wait for yours to fork
with mine once more; and
if I have to re-learn you 100 times,
then I'm luckier than those who only ever got to
learn you once.
H.W
Thanks for reading!
Holly x


Beautiful piece of poetry. 5 stars
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! Xx
DeleteThat's beautiful :)
ReplyDelete